Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bruised but not broken

It was a rough week of workouts. . .I only made it to 3 this week but they were tough.  After doing some crazy lifting on Monday I am bruised from my crotch to my knees. . .I've never had a bruise in one particular location before and it is a little awkward, last week I almost set up an annual check up with my gynecologist. . .good thing I didn't. . .she would have for sure thought I was being beaten!

I got over my bruises and made it back to the gym on Tuesday for some more lifting, double unders and toes to bar. . .that was a killer WOD my arms felt like they would fall off when I was done. But it feels so good to sweat and I really do love lifting especially now that I feel like I know what I'm doing and know how much weight I can handle.

I got lazy toward the end of the week and it didn't help that the workouts didn't sound like a whole lot of fun.  Pretty much anything that involves squats I'm not a huge fan of.  My knees kinda hate me especially when doing squats so I kinda avoid those WOD's when I can.  I know I'm a wuss.

I have been doing a lot of Paleo baking. . .unfortunately I'm at work and forgot my cook books to type of the recipes but keep reading I'll get them up on the blog eventually.  Work has been slow I only blog at work and I haven't worked for a week, so I guess I'll have to start blogging during Owen's nap, when/if he naps.

Delicious Paleo treats I've made, I'll get the recipes or links up soon!:

Key Lime Pie
Apple Cupcakes
Waffles
Carrot Cupcakes

I was going to make paleo sugar cookies but I lacked several expensive ingredients so we made the real thing and I ate one and sent the rest to work with Adam.

I've been doing pretty good with my meals I'm still 100% paleo except for my 2 cheats a week.  I try to Zone as best I can but the Zone part is hard and takes more time and thought.

I have noticed that I've been super moody lately but that my moody days are always the day after a cheat meal. . .the cheat meals  I don't think are really even worth it if not only my body feels crappy but my emotions are all messed up too!

I am strong both body and mind and I'm better when I stick to what I know my body needs instead of giving in to what I think I want!  I haven't been perfect in this challenge but I have come so far and I'm doing and feeling so much better than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment