Friday, February 8, 2013

Favorite COOKBOOKS!!!

First of all today was a huge accomplishment I did 10 linked double unders doing our WOD!!!! For those of you non-crossfitters that means I can jumprope swinging the rope twice under my feet in one jump and I did it 10 times without stopping. . .huge huge huge. . .before today I couldn't even link 2 DU's.  Only problem was I got so excited I couldn't even do one after that. . .but it was awesome, wish someone would have seen it besides me. . I'll try and get some video next time to prove to the world I can double under!!

I love that I can actually see and track my progress, but I still hate that most of my workout consist of modification movements because I'm still too weak to do the "real thing" but that's what keeps me motivated knowing that if I just keep with it one day I'll be able to do every workout prescribed!!

COOKBOOKS

So I have been on the waiting list for most of these books at the library for a month or longer for some of them but most of them were well worth the wait and some of the I purchased as soon as I glanced through them when I received them from the library.

  Pracitcal Paleo is a great book filled with tons of recipes and great information about Paleo eating. . .it has some great sauce recipes and flavored salt recipes that I haven't tried yet but I will! Got this from the library but would love to own it didn't feel like I had enough time to make all the recipes I wanted to.
 Just got this recipe book from the library this week, I did make some waffles that were okay but not as delicious as the waffles I from a pinterest recipe I found earlier this week.  But the recipes are simple and filled with ingredients I regularly have on hand.
 This is currently my favorite recipe book,  it is filled with great information about the whole family eating paleo and how to get your kids involved in cooking.  There are lots of great recipes and even some great cheat recipes in here that even my husband has enjoyed!
 I think I broke the law and photocopied about half the recipes in this book when I got it from the library and they are all delicious.  I think this is the book I got my caveman ketchup recipe from and I use that all the time!
Just started cooking a few recipes from this book this week and so far they have all been delicious!  

I love new cookbooks they help me get lots of great ideas of what to make for every meal. . and give a great variety, otherwise we might be stuck eating chicken salad every night.  I have learned how to cook with lots of new things and I now have new "staple" ideas that I keep in my kitchen at all times.  And learning to cook with healthier more natural foods that taste better and make me feel better!  

Also just recently found out that I don't have the greatest genes when it comes to cancer and heart problems. . .I can't help but think that all of this healthy eating and new lifestyle might help me continue to be healthy or at least healthier than I would have been if I would have kept eating junk and pretending to workout sometimes!  Go get a book and try out some great Paleo recipes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment