Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Whole30!!!

Started Whole30 on Sunday.  A good friend of mine Molly Reynolds organized a group on facebook there are about 60 people who started the whole30 together.  It is kinda awesome.  My mom and sister Lisa and Marcella hopped on board immediately when I told them about it the day before we started.  The more the merrier. . .I am actually going to go till Thanksgiving so if anyone wants to start now or anytime between and and Thanksgiving. . .let me know and I'll be happy to be your support group!

Whole30 is stricter than just Paleo:

No dairy
No legumes
No grains
No processed foods
No sweetners (other than natural fruit sweeteners)
No almond flour, coconut flour, and other minimally processed foods.
Reading all labels on food, and I try not to eat things that have labels.

So what do I eat?

Lots and lots of Veggies
Meat, as organic and grass fed as I can find/afford
Some fruit
nuts and seeds
Balsamic vinegar is a must and coconut milk is a must.

Today is Day 4!

Here are a few meals

bacon, eggs and spinach
homemade V8, pumpkin banana pancakes and strawberries
Balsamic Onion Pot Roast
Salad with turkey and homemade guacamole for dressing
Italian sausage, kale, onions, zucchini, marinara sauce over sweet potatoes
Tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, vinegar and salt and pepper with eggs for breakfast

Tonight is crockpot chicken in organic broth, coconut oil, onions, garlic, salt and pepper with sautéed spinach and bacon and a big salad

So if you thought eating paleo was a bit strange most of these are pretty "normal meals"

Please let me know if you are interested in joining our whole30 group of if you'd like to learn more! It's awesome and I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment