Thursday, August 22, 2013

I have come a long way but I'm not there yet

Again I am the worlds worst blogger. . .but today I took some time to take a look back to where I was a year ago when I started crossfit and though I am not even close to where I wanted to be a year later, I am still crossfitting and I am still striving to eat paleo, in fact today is day 3 of eating strict paleo no cheats until. . .forever or at least until I hit my next goal of getting past this plateau weight that I've been at for the last 3 months.

I have to admit that even though I am not down to my goal weight and still cannot do a handstand, or pull-up or run a 9:00 min mile that I am proud of myself and I'm giving myself a little pat on the back today for sticking with it and doing what I can. Don't take this as letting myself get away with not achieving my goals but just a little pick me up to help me continue to work towards them.  I never gave up and I'm not going to now!
Here I am in November of 2011

And here I am August of 2013

Not the greatest comparison photos but you can definitely see the 70+ pounds I have lost since then.  Most of it thanks to cross fit and clean eating.  Next family photo will be at my goal weight! 

Today's WOD 8/22/2013

1RM hang power snatch - 65#

As many rounds as possible in 7:00 min of:

12 dumb bell snatches
9 V-ups

I did 5 + 8.

Earlier this week:

1RM front squat - 95#


1 comment: