Saturday, July 28, 2012

June 24th

1:30 pm

Cross Fit Verve Denver CO

Trainer: Robyn

Skills:
         Shoulder Press- on shoulders, elbows up, straight up and straight down, close to face
         Push Press - down and then press
         Push Jerk - down, jump and punch, keep feet together, elbows up, use your hips
         Kettlebell swing- flat back, use your hips to pop it up.
         Ring work/ Parallel bars-
                     Supports- hold yourself up
                     Negatives- down and drop
                     Dip- down and back up ( did this with 2 support bands!!!)

WOD: 2 rounds
           25 air squats (I usually use a box, I used a pole to support me instead)
           15 push jerks 32 lbs
           15 Kettlebell swings 8kg (18lbs)

           2 rounds took me 10:04 min.

 Practicing form with PVC pipe first
 Kettlebell Swing
 Tired but doing my 15 push jerks with 32 lbs no problem!
 Might have wussed out a bit here or the photo was taken mid press
 More Kettlebell swining
Attempting the parallel bars without the bands help. . .it kinda sucked!

It took forever for me to get the coordination down for the push jerk I felt like an idiot but Robyn was great and broke it all down for me, by the end I loved that press and think I could really enjoy doing presses.  All these exercises are totally new for me and I love learning new things it motivates me to get better, I can only go up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment