Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Team "Where's Your Aspen?"

Anoher RAGNAR relay came and went, it was a blast!  This time unlike previous experiences I ran with a team where nobody knew anybody.  It was a team I put together from people posting on the Ragnar website that they were looking.  It was a great team! Easy to organize everyone did a great job running and cheering everyone else on and we had so much fun!!!


 Matt, Keith and Todd chilling in our hotel before out first run. Nice socks Todd
 Van 2 Me, Keith, Gary, Kristin, Matt, Todd
 Checking in!

 Gary finishing up Vail pass, killin it!


 First Van 2 exchange, Kristin ready to run up to 2 miles high elevation!!
 Keith waiting for Kristin at the end of her first leg
 I caught Matt mid stretch with this nice pose
 Todd Rocking his first leg!
 Gary crossing the street with his orange flag
 Todd finishing up his first leg and Matt is off and going
 Now we jump to our last legs. . .everything else was in the dark, my first two legs were in the dark, it was actually quite awesome!
 We didn't have the opportunity to support out runners because most of the running trails were not accessible to the vehicles so we're awesome on the legs we could support.
 Matt supporting Todd by dumping water down his back
 Todd running his last leg
 Todd still running
 Finish line!!


 Here they come down the switch backs, I was not willing to run, I had just finished my last leg that was 4 miles up hill in the heat of the day. . .wasn't feeling like running down a freaking mountain!
 Keith finished us off !

Keith photo bombing my double metal photo!  Wasatch back plus Colorado = Mile High metal too!!!


I averaged at 12:30 minute mile super slow compared to those I was running with but 1 minute faster than my wasatch back time!!!!  I ran all my legs, walked a few hills on my last leg and wanted to just lay down and die, my body was exhausted, I got a shower in at some point between my legs and even managed to sleep a few hours I would have to call this the best RAGNAR yet. . .oh and did I mention I stayed 100% paleo the entire relay!!!! Yeah I kinda ROCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment