Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WOD updates for the last week. . .I've been hard core!

I have a few photos to share, they're will be added soon.

Wednesday Oct 16th

As many rounds as possible in 20:00 min.
5 kipping swings
5 jumping pull ups
10 burpees
15 kettle bell swings

6 rounds!  My entire body hurts from all my other workouts, it was a sweaty one today!!!

Tuesday Oct 15th

Ten rounds for time:
15 dead lifts (#85)
15 push ups (used a black band around my waste connected to the parrallel bar to help me complete them)

20:53

I've always kinda sucked at push ups and I still do, it is intimidating watching everyone around me knock out 15 push ups and 15 deadlifts and starting on another round of push ups while I'm struggling through my first 10 push ups. . .but I'll get there. . .I'm getting stronger, I can feel it!

Monday Oct 14th (Monday was a twofer. . a WOD and a MOM's class)

1-10-1-20-1-30

Power cleans

I've stopped being so wussy with my weights and started challenging myself a bit more.

85-68-95-65-85-45

If I would have been a bit more brave my first power clean I might have made it to 100# but maybe next time!  I toughed this class out as the only girl there of 8 of us on an early Monday morning. . .talk about hardcore. . .can I just say since I've started attending the 6:30 class pretty regularly I have really enjoyed my classmates, everyone is so helpful and supportive. . .thank you 6:30 and 7:30 crossfit classmates!


MOM's

21-15-9
elbows to knees modification: kipping swings and V-ups
wall balls
1 minute plank (Owen made these easier for me by laying on top of me and crawling under me)
 THankS OWEN!

10:10

I can do kipping swings. . .I can hang on the pull up bar. . .this is a huge accomplishment!!

Friday Oct 11th

3 10:00 minute intervals of

Run 1 mile with remaining time
complete as many shoulder presses as possible
Run 1 mile with remaining time
complete as many push presses as possible
Run 1 mile with remaing time
complete as many push jerks as possible

Modified for me, I ran just over 1/2 mile since I can't run a 10 min mile.
I was able to complete
12 shoulder presses
0 push presses
16 push jerks

there were only 5 people in our 6:30 workout, usually there is about 16. . .wusses didn't want to run. . .I hadn't run since RAGNAR so it felt good to get out and run a bit, my first half mile I was just over 5:00 min.  but I gradually got more and more sluggish. . .

Thursday Oct 10th

21-18-15-12-9-6-3

Sumo deadlift high pulls (#45)
thrusters (#45)

20:31

Molly and I couldn't make it to class today so we got our own personal training session of the WOD with Eric. . .it was awesome being just 3 people getting all the attention, not to mention my own personal cheer leaders!  I felt strong and I LOVE those Sumo deadlift high pulls. . .it was a killer workout, loved it!





No comments:

Post a Comment