Saturday, August 11, 2012

30 Days of Paleo

Being the hardcore Cross Fit athlete that I am I've decided to try the Paleo diet, the diet by which most Cross Fit athletes follow.  This did take a little encouragement from my good friends Molly and Jason Reynolds that got me addicted to Cross Fit in the first place.

Starting September 4th (the day after Labor day) we're going 30 days of Paleo. When I say "we" I mean Molly, Jason and you (anyone that wants to join us.) My husband will not be joining us, he loves grains, dairy and sugar all too much to give it up even for one day. . .wuss!

What is Paleo?

The "Caveman" diet.

No grains, No sugar, No legumes, No dairy, No processed foods, NO alcohol.

Yes lean meats, Yes fruits, Yes Vegetables, Yes nuts.

Eat until you are full of all the YES foods!




Here are some great links for recipes and more information on the Paleo diet.

Paleo Table

Every Day Paleo

Health Bent

So who's with me?  Any takers?  It's going to be awesome we'll all feel great, clean our bodies out and hopefully lose a few pounds in the process!!

No comments:

Post a Comment