Thursday, August 23, 2012

SICKNESS and UPDATES

I have not given up on Cross fit of blogging, the past couple weeks have been filled with craziness of working, cross fitting and getting sick.  This week I have not be able to get my Cross fit on and I feel flabby and lazy and like my head is going to explode because of a stupid head cold.  I feel like I'll never get better since I haven't been able to take any nights off work so my body has had not time to recover.  My relay is in 2 weeks and this week I haven't made it out of the house to run once. . .so lazy and sad.

Last week I was able to make it to 3 Classes and do a hill/interval run and increased my running speed by a whole 30 seconds!!!

August 13th

MOM's workout

200 meter row
20 front squats w/ 10 lb dumb bells
200 meter row
20 presses w 10 lb dumb bells

4 times.  I don't remember my time but I think it was something like 21:53 minutes but I had to save my child a few times from killing himself and others.  It was a great work out and I was really sore afterwards

August 14th

RJ Hero workout

I LOVED THIS WORKOUT! CAN"T WAIT UNTIL I CAN DO IT FOR REALS

800 meter run
5 rope climbs
50 push ups

5 rotations or 40 minutes

My modifications for this workout:

800 meter run
10 sit to stand rope pulls (I have zero upper body strength and used my legs A LOT)
30 push ups on knees agains bench

4 rotations in 36:19 minutes

I was amazed to watch everyone climb those ropes and can't wait till I can join them.  This workout made me literally drip pools of sweat, I loved every second of it. It also made me feel better that everyone was taking breaks and making modifications to the workout by the end just to finish, it was hardcore!

August 15th

100 meters hand stand walk. . .ha ha ha I can't even do a hand stand unless I'm in a pool!

Modification

Team of 3
3 minutes wall walks
3 minutes wall stand
4 minute hand stand walk

All this between the 3 team mates, so we each did a minute of each basically. My team was awesome and they split the hand stand walk and I did some modifications.  I stood on a box instead of on my hands against the wall since my weak arms cannot support my fat a$$ yet. . .soon, very very soon I will be able to do it.  But those people walking on their hands for 100 meters, they are tough and their faces were bright red when they were done, it took them awhile to finish having to take lots of breaks but they did it!!

I really enjoyed my class that day, it was smaller than usual since the day before was such a killer workout and there was a little bit of everyone there, trainers, newbies like myself and everyone was so helpful and patient with me learning and doing the modifications. 

I thought I would be intimidated in my classes but nobody is judging everyone is just happy to be there and happy I'm there doing it too, at least they make me feel that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment