Monday, August 6, 2012

NO EXCUSES!


There is always a good excuse not to. . .

people even help me justify my excuses. . .

"you just had a baby"
"you work nights"
"you don't have a car during the day"
"you're tired you need your sleep"

"It will be easier when I'm thinner"
"It's too hot outside"
"My ipod is dead"

When it really comes down to it, there is always something else I could be doing, there is never enough time, I do feel guilty for leaving my son and husband to go workout after I have been gone all night at work and sleeping all day, but I have to do it.  It will never be easier, it will never be convenient but I've come to the point that it is just something that I have to do and I have to make time for it.  My house might be a little messier and I might not always make a gourmet meal but I have made my health a priority, it has been neglected too long.
On the Fourth of July I ran the Liberty run at Washington Park in Denver.  It was a 4 mile run around the park.  Nothing fancy, since I usually run 3 miles or more 3-5 times a week, just something to get me up and running on a holiday.  I did my best, but I'm always scared of running to fast to start and then burning out before I finish so I ran slow but I kept a pretty good steady pace throughout the race.  I wanted to stop more than anything when I came around the first loop (about 1.5 miles in) and I was passed by the fastest of the runners that were finishing up their 4th mile, ALREADY!!!!  Not only that but I had also been passed by a few speed walkers, nothing like running and being passed by walkers!!!  
I DIDN'T STOP RUNNING AND I DIDN'T SLOW DOWN! In fact my last 2 miles were about 30 seconds faster than my first two!  I finished that race running every last inch of it!  I did it! No excuses, even when being passed by walkers!!



 Owen ran up and gave me a big hug at the end, now this is him running away from me.
Molly and Jason joined me on the run, they are who I have to thank for introducing me to Crossfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment