Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WODS and MOM's

My work schedule was a lot better this week and I've been able to make it to a class every day so far without neglecting my family too much.  The last few days have been all about arms. . .my biggest problem area!

Tuesday WOD (workout of the day for you non-crossfitters)

For our warm up we did some bear crawls and, burpees, and some medicine ball lifts which was actually really cool.  They had a bunch of balls sitting around all different sizes, weights and materials and we took a few minutes to just try them out pick them up with our forearms and legs and roll them up on our shoulders.  I attempted and succeed with a 50 pounder but wasn't willing to try the heaver balls, next time!!

Workout was supposed to be 7 weighted pull-ups then 7 normal pull-ups, I'm not quite there to pull-up status even with assistance so I did 10 rounds of 10 ring rows (basically pull ups but on the rings so I can just angle my body so I'm not lifting all my body weight) and then in-between I did 4 15 lb bicep curls on each arm.  I'll tell you what I am soooore today from those ring rows!

No pictures, I don't always remember my camera and it seems like the pictures end up being of the same thing, me sweating profusely!

Wednesday MOM's

I was hoping for a killer leg workout and it was pretty good but I did a 5 mile run Wednesday morning before my crossfit class, and I tried to do as many hills as I could during my 5 miles so I think I got my leg workout in!

Started with 600 meters on the rowing machine.  Then we did Presses, I LOVE Presses!!!

I used a 22 lb bar.  We were supposed to do as many presses as we could then when we got tired change to push press where you bend your knees and use your hips a bit to get the bar up and do as many of those as you could then change to push jerk press where you bend your knees and jump to get the bar up and do as many of those.  We had 2 chances

First time
           20 presses
           10 push presses
           15 push jerks

Second time
          10 presses
          5 push presses
          20 push jerks

You start out thinking this isn't bad. . .I could do this all day long and then it hits you. . .that bar is freakin heavy and you move on to push presses which I think are even harder but then get a little relief with the push jerks but if my arms weren't already sore. . .wow. . .I even opted for green beans tonight instead of cutting up a salad. . .yeah they are hurting a bit!

Then for our MOM's work out we did 1000 meter row 2 min break 500 meter row 2 min break 250 meter row and done.  Luckily rowing is mostly in your legs so I survived, Owen was kinda grumpy today so he wasn't nearly as entertaining at the gym as he was on Monday!!!

It was a good day full of running and crossfit greatness!

No comments:

Post a Comment